Left Ear – Belongs to the Breeder
Breeder’s flock tag is minimum identification.
Information required on registration application:
- Breeder’s Flock Tag Number
- Sex (Ewe or Ram)
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY)
- Type of Birth (Single, Twin, Triplet, etc.)
- Sire Registration Number (5 digits)
- Sire Flock Tag Number (We discourage alpha-numeric numbers; i.e. Pink 102)
- Dam Registration Number (5 digits)
- Dam Flock Tag Number (We discourage alpha-numeric numbers; i.e. Pink 102)
Right Ear – Belongs to the Association
Sheep passing inspection have an association registration number on a certificate with:
- A corresponding Association ear tag (imprinted with the Certificate Number) in their right ear.
- A tattoo with the Certificate Number tattooed in their right ear.
When ear tags are lost, replacement tags should have the same numbers.
Replacement tags are available through the Association Secretary for a fee.
U.S. Targhee Sheep Association
P.O. Box 955
Chinook, MT 59523